Season 1 Episode 9: Raising Kids That Succeed [Podcast]
Dr. Lynn Wicker is a certified speaker, trainer and success coach. Having devoted 30 years to teaching and leading in the public education arena, she brings a unique vantage point to what she likes to call her “adding value lifestyle.”
Lynn is an expert in the field of education, and Author of the book, Raising Kids That Succeed.” She also draws upon her personal story and insights gained through tragedy and triumph as a parent of twin sons born with severe cerebral palsy. Her personal journey, which drew heavily upon her strong faith has inspired and helped many parents to face some of life’s greatest challenges.
Lynn provides a new way for parents to see themselves, by first seeing themselves as individuals who can then have a greater impact on their children. Her passion and purpose in life is to inspire individuals to find their own successes in life and live purposeful lives.
To play our podcast, click on the “play” button on the green bar below.
In this episode Dr. Lynn A. Wicker shares the following main ideas:
- How her faith sustained her as she raised two children with severe cerebral palsy.
- The steps for living an intentional life as an individual and as a parent.
- How awareness and willingness are the keys to changing limitations to strengths.
- How to build respect and trust as a parent by being authentic and transparent.
- How to build legacy as a parent.
- Why her morning routine is so important.