Season 1 Episode 2: Bullet Proof Grit – with Mike Schlappi [Podcast][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]At the age of 14, Mike had expectations of a career in sports as a top notch athlete. A gunshot to the chest at point blank range challenged his dreams. He would never walk again. After months of rigorous physical therapy, he began playing basketball from his wheelchair and went on to become a standout athlete.
As a motivational speaker Mike travels the world teaching individuals of all ages, that despite difficult circumstances, you can take “response-ability” and be empowered. His engaging presentations have entertained and inspired audiences worldwide. From students to chief executive officers, from the classroom to the board room, from rookies to Olympic athletes, from small gatherings to large corporate events, Mike shows audiences “If You Can’t Stand Up, Stand Out!”[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
To play our podcast, click on the “play” button on the green bar below.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. For short video on how to leave a rating and review, click here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
In this episode, Mike talks about:
- His upbringing and background as a promising young athlete.
- The accident (Mike was shot in the chest from three feet away).
- Transitioning from a focus on what was lost to being grateful for the things he still had.
- The prank he played that reminded him that could still laugh in spite of challenges.
- How to face fear, why, and what it can do for you.
- That It’s okay to have a bad days and difficulty. If you didn’t, you wouldn’t be normal. y
- “Attitude therapy” and how it worked for him.
- How to “attach a purpose or meaning” to your pain.
- He story of two gold medals, two bronze medals, and being the first athlete to compete in four consecutive Olympic games.
- What it means to take “respons-ability” for yourself.
- Why creating something to look forward to is so important.
Mike’s Website: http://mikeschlappi.com/
Mike’s Book – “Shot Happens”
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”1937″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row]