Season 1 Episode 4 : Breakthrough Strategies for Overcoming Panic Attacks & Anxiety – with Barry McDonagh [Podcast][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]Barry is a native of Ireland. He is the creator of the Panic Away Program, a product that has helped people all over the world to overcome their panic and anxiety disorders.
As a former panic attack sufferer himself, Barry became frustrated with conventional methods for treating anxiety, because they simply were not working for him so he developed his own techniques. Barry understands first hand the plight of the panic sufferer because he has been there himself.
Barry first published Panic Away in 2001 and has sold over 80,000 copies, world-wide in over 32 countries. Panic Away has become one of the most successful courses for treating panic attacks and general anxiety today. Barry has recently released his new book called, “DARE, The new way to end anxiety and stop panic attacks fast.”[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]CLICK HERE to OPEN in iTunes
To play our podcast, click on the “play” button on the green bar below.
If you enjoyed the show, please rate it on iTunes and write a brief review. That would help tremendously in getting the word out and raising the visibility of the show. For short video on how to leave a rating and review, click here.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/Nh4IoFt79ls” align=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
In this episode Barry McDonagh shares the following main ideas:
- His personal experience with panic attacks and anxiety and how he overcame them.
- How he came to develop a method that helped himself and thousands of people around the world to get to the core of the anxiety problem so that they can resolve it.
- The bodily sensations associated with anxiety: tight chest, pounding heart, dizziness…
- The paradoxical intention approach of standing up to anxiety and panic attacks to help people recover and live life to the fullest.
- Why it’s important to check with your doctor to rule out any physical or other health issues if you have an anxiety attack.
- Lifestyle choices that can help with overcoming anxiety.
- Dare Book – D-A-R-E response = D-Diffuse, A-Allow, R-Run Toward, E-Engage.
- Anxiety is not a disease of the cowardly. It takes courage to face and tackle anxiety.
- Experiencing anxiety is not a measurement of you as a person. Anxiety is something that even brave soldiers and police officers have had to deal with.
P.S. This week Rick and I are in San Francisco for a Positive Psychology training. I drove almost half way here with absolutely no fear and no panic attacks! I’m basking in the JOY of feeling completely set FREE! Are you dealing with fears of any kind? If so, take courage! If you persist and do the work, you truly CAN conquer![/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]