Season 1 Episode 6 : Living Your Purpose with Carin Rockind [Podcast]
Carin Rockind is a leading happiness and life purpose expert, media personality, and the creator of PurposeGirl LLC, a movement to empower purpose-driven living. As an international speaker, coach, and happiness expert, Carin inspires people to live inspiring lives. She teaches people how to transform pain into purpose and claim their purpose in the world. Carin is the “happiness guru” for SiriusXM Stars radio. She’s been featured on NBC, CBS, PBS, NPR, Martha Stewart Radio, Huffington Post, and Fortune.com.
Carin is one of only 350 people in the world to earn a Masters in Applied Positive Psychology, the science of happiness and human flourishing, from the University of Pennsylvania, where she has also served as adjunct faculty.
Carin is also on the faculty at the Flourishing Center where she teaches the Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology program.
She is a marathon runner, gourmet cook, and painter. She lives in Philadelphia with her husband Joshua.
To play our podcast, click on the “play” button on the green bar below.
In this episode Carin Rockind shares the following main ideas:
- How she uncovered her purpose after divorce at a young age, a bout with shingles, and being robbed at gunpoint.
- What positive psychology is, its history, the supporting science, and how implementing simple practices can increase a person’s level of overall well-being.
- What post traumatic growth is, and how to turn pain into purpose.
- Easy, yet profound and empowering exercises and tools to help you begin uncovering your own meaning and purpose in life.
Links mentioned in this podcast
- Learned Optimism – by Martin Seligman [Book]
- Positivity – by Barbara Fredrickson [Book]
- Via Strengths Survey
- Pebbles in the Pond – Wave Three [Book] – Chapter by Carin Rockind
- Certificate in Applied Positive Psychology (CAPP) at The Flourishing Center.
- Master of Applied Positive Psychology (MAPP) at University of Pennsylvania.